Biography of Alfred Korzybski
Alfred Habdank Skarbek KORZYBSKI
(7/3/1879 - 3/1/1950)
- Born in Warsaw (Poland). Attended Polytechnic Institute, Warsaw, as chemistry engineer; later studied in Germany and Italy, specially in Rome.
- Volunteered for service in the Second Russian Army, assigned to a Cavalry Detachment of the General Staff Intelligence Department.
- Sent to Canada and USA as an Artillery expert in the Russian Army. Became recruiting officer for French-Polish Army in USA. Lectured for the US government on the war, etc.
Manhood of Humanity: The Science and Art of Human Engineering
published by E. P. Dutton, New York.
Time-Binding. The General Theory (First Paper)
Time-Binding. The General Theory (Second Paper)
Science and Sanity: An Introduction to Non-Aristotelian Systems and General Semantics
published by International Non-Aristotelian Library Publishing Company, New York.
- Established the Institute of General Semantics in Chicago. [now located in Englewood, New Jersey]
- Died at Sharon Hospital, Connecticut.
© ESGS, 2002.